Seeking Part-Time Temporary Supply Pastor
for Small-Sized Congregation
Havenwood Presbyterian Church was founded in 1956 in Timonium, Maryland, to provide Christian worship services and education, including the Havenwood Preschool, to a newly growing suburban area. The church has experienced in recent years the ever-growing trend of membership decline that has faced many other churches in our nation. Therefore, the church now finds itself in a position where it is seeking its first Part-Time Temporary Supply Pastor (20 hours per week) who will provide spiritual growth and leadership direction to church leaders and the congregation as the church redefines how it “does church.” The Part-Time Pastor (the “Pastor”) will champion the church’s mission statement and vision, and, in partnership with church leaders, oversee all church ministries and committees and function as Head of Staff.
This is a 20-hour per week position with a salary of $30,000 and negotiable vacation, medical insurance, and pension benefits.
All applicants will be subject to a background check.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume, via USPS or email, to:
Havenwood Presbyterian Church
100 E. Ridgely Road
Timonium, Maryland 21093
Or email: email@example.com.
· - Hold a Masters of Divinity Degree
· - Ordained by the Presbyterian Church USA or by one of the other four denominations in which the PCUSA is in full communion.
· - Proficient Computer and Social Media Skills
Pastor will have overall responsibility in the areas set forth below that are listed in terms of congregational importance. It is the intent that the Pastor’s time will be proportional to the level of importance. The Pastor’s primary role in each area may vary, whether it is to perform, assign, oversee, etc., as Pastor and leadership agree and as they negotiate responsibilities to respect the finite number of weekly hours this position is allotted.
1. Preaching and worship leadership on Sunday mornings and at special services such as Thanksgiving, Maundy Thursday, and Christmas Eve, in person and/or virtually.
2. Christian education of all ages, including weekly Sunday school classes, youth, and adult education, and weekly Bible study classes.
3. Pastoral care for church members and friends via in-person visits, (including hospital and home visitation in crises), telephone calls, and cards and letters; visit prospective
members; provide crisis care to outsiders as feasible; and be available for short-term personal counseling as negotiated.
4. Outreach activities; assimilation of new members.
5. Head of Staff, supervision of church employees; moderate Session and congregational meetings.
6. The church is the sponsor of the Havenwood Preschool, a thriving, community preschool with a Maryland State Accredited Kindergarten. Pastor nurtures the lines of communication
between the preschool administration and the congregation. On occasion, Pastor may be asked to engage with the children and their parents at special preschool programs.
CLICK HERE FOR PDF COPY OF DESCRIPTION